Importance of Air Cargo for Switzerland
Good air freight services are vital to Switzerland’s as a place to do business. The Swiss air cargo community has formulated seven "key messages" to strengthen, enhance and bring even more professionalism to its airfreight activities.
We position ourselves as true industry experts representing the interest of air cargo in Switzerland under one umbrella connecting all parties involved.
We cooperate with other industry associations whenever beneficial to the air cargo development.
We maintain close relations with authorities and politics with the aim of strengthening the position of air cargo.
On a global basis we follow and support TIACA & GACAC by implementing their overall objectives and priorities in Switzerland.
The major national topics
- Lobbying for development of air cargo
- Publish promotional and educational air cargo material for industry, politicians and public
- Organisation of industry events,such as Swiss Air Cargo Days
- Provide platforms and working groups for
- Air Cargo Security regulations
- Dangerous Goods regulations
- Customs regulations
- Road Freight authorisations
- Develop project: e-Freight@switzerland
Local topics are addressed by each section individually according to local needs and requirements and include customs issues, access control, airport regulations, expansion plans, handling issues, acceptance times, local security & safety, etc.